If you’re looking to step into the world of online business, a strong internet presence is essential.
You need a website, a smart advertising campaign, and SEO-optimized pages to draw in customers. Designing an online site from the ground up will take some work and dedication. The process can be quite tedious.
However, once you get the page up, you’re ready to dive into the world of marketing and pushing your products/services. If you’re at the point where you’re ready to switch to advertising, you might be considering products like SEMrush.
SEMrush is an online resource kit for digital marketing. It features everything from optimizing SEO on your site to market research tailored to your community.
Our review will cover all aspects of SEMrush to determine whether the site would benefit your business.
What Is SEMrush?
SEMrush is an online marketing tool database. It caters to marketers and business owners looking to boost the traffic and business that comes to their website.
The company focuses on building a community of online business-people through its resources. Plus, the site features everything you could need to take your marketing strategies to the next level.
SEMrush has guides to help you understand various marketing terms and techniques. You’ll learn about topics such as:
- Search engine optimization
- Social media management
- How you should be researching your local market and the competition
Should I Use SEMrush?
Before signing up for one of the SEMrush plans, consider whether the platform is suitable for your team and your business’s needs.
If you’re an online company with an in-house marketing team, meet with them to talk about SEMrush. Make sure that your marketers are comfortable with the platform and consider it favorably.
When considering SEMrush as a freelance worker, weigh the pros and cons of paying for a marketing tool database. It may be that your focus in the early stages should be on how your website climbs the ranks and gains more traffic.
How Do Users Interact with the SEMrush Platform?
Users create profiles through which they can access the content on the SEMrush platform. They can create accounts and either choose a free trial or subscribe to a plan.
When you sign up for an account, you get various services. Each subscription comes with all the guides you see on the features tab, but with different specifications in terms of projects and additional research points.
With a SEMrush online profile, you can also navigate through the various resources available. You can sign up for the webinars, access the e-books, and also listen to podcast episodes.
What Information Can I Find on SEMrush?
SEMrush is a one-stop-shop for all things online marketing. While you won’t be able to craft a website directly using the site, you have all the information and tools you need to optimize the page when it’s up and running.
When you click on the features tab on the website, you gain access to content covering topics such as:
- SEO per page
- Research on keywords
- Link building tutorials
- SEO but local
- Rank tracking
- Creation and marketing of content
- How to analyze the market and competition
- PPC keyword research
- Monetizing your website
- Social media management
Plus, you get access to additional resources such as an online blog, a help forum, and a podcast, among other things. These resources come at no extra charge to members signed up for a SEMrush subscription.
Who Is SEMrush For?
SEMrush caters to a broad swathe of online ventures, including:
- Online businesses that already have an in-house marketing team
- Freelancers that want to handle their brand alone
- Startups that don’t have the budget to hire an advertising agency but still want high-quality guides
It is worth noting that because SEMrush operates on a paid-subscription model, its services are not suitable for everyone. If you’ve recently launched your site and have no traffic or budget, you may want to look for alternative services that offer this information for free.
How Much Does SEMrush Cost?
In terms of content, SEMrush offers three unique plans for clients. SEMrush also offers two separate billing totals, one where individuals get billed monthly and another annually.
- Pro: Monthly — $99.95 (per month) | Annually — $83.28 (per month). The plan caters to freelancers, in-house marketers, and startups looking to maximize the resources available on a limited budget.
- Guru: Monthly — $199.95 (per month) | Annually — $166.62 (per month). The plan is for small-to-medium businesses and growing marketing agencies that need the pro features plus more.
- Business: Monthly — $399.95 (per month) | Annually — $333.28 (per month). The plan makes marketing simple for agencies, e-Commerce projects, and businesses that require an extensive online presence.
Both the Pro and Guru options come with free trial periods.
Is SEMrush Worth It?
Yes, if you’re looking for an online database to help you craft a marketing plan for your online website, SEMrush will be worthwhile for you. Plus, you also gain a resource that guides you through the various processes of marketing your blog.
However, if you’re looking for a team to help you market your website directly, SEMrush might not be the choice for you.
Here’s a quick list of pros and cons:
- A high amount of content
- Easily digestible
- All-in-one resource guide
- Hard to navigate for newcomers
- A DIY approach to marketing online
- Pricing structure not suitable for everyone