Carl Broadbent consistently impresses with his innovative strategies for utilizing aged domains to drive growth. His blueprints are both informative and entertaining, providing a wealth of practical tips and creative ideas. In his latest edition, Carl has handpicked four domains spanning the health, fitness, gaming, and travel niches. Check out his detailed recommendations below for valuable insights into each domain.
The health and wellbeing niche is a very popular and profitable niche for websites and affiliate marketing. It is a broad niche that encompasses a wide range of topics, including fitness, nutrition, mental health, and natural remedies. My wife loves Reiki and is part of some very large social media groups and I personally know how much she spends in this niche and the amount of websites she visits.
The social media groups that she’s a part of are huge!
According to a report by Grand View Research, the global health and wellness market was valued at USD 4.5 trillion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2019 to 2025. Google Trends shows that interest in health and wellbeing has been steadily increasing over the past few years.
With some incredible affiliate programs available and a growing market, this aged domain with past history covering relaxation courses, reflexologists, natural healing and many more subjects will give you a great start.
What I would do:
- Totally revamp and direct the website towards blogging
- Recreate old URLs and direct to new content and ensure the main links pointing to the site are still active.
- Look into the most popular affiliate programs and courses available to promote
- Target new areas like Numerology, Reiki, Energy healing
- Target products like Crystals, Books and possible white label your own
- This niche would be perfect for faceless YouTube as well
This former fitness app-focused website could work well for anyone who loves fitness or technology. Fitness apps have become increasingly popular in recent years, as more people turn to technology to help them achieve their fitness goals. According to a report by Sensor Tower, global consumer spending on health and fitness apps reached $1.5 billion in Q1 2021, up 45% from the same period in 2020.
There are a wide variety of fitness apps available, ranging from free apps with basic features to premium apps with advanced functionality and personalized coaching.Many of these apps and products offer good affiliate programs.
Combine this with a large number of reviews and searched questions each month means this is a great opportunity.Especially if you could personally buy the apps or products and review them yourself.
Yes this niche is YMYL (Your Money, Your Life ) which many people think is hard to rank but I feel it’s more possible than ever to rank content like this.Especially if you have an aged domain with previous authority and pointers helping establish E.E.A.T. This domain has that.
What I would do:
- I would decide which route you’d like to take the website. Do you go broad and cover all aspects? Or do you target one best affiliate product and create all your content around that one programs. You have options here.
- Once decided. Relaunch the site with a fresh feel and write reviews, comparisons and guides for your target apps and products.
- Start building organic traffic from several social media platforms alongside Google. This would be a perfect niche for Pinterest and TikTok
- Create some downloadable sheets for things like diet plans, workouts etc and start gaining free backlinks and shares
First of all, this has a super valuable domain name! Retro pinball machines are also a growing niche in the gaming industry and is a really good niche to start affiliate marketing in.
Pinball machines have been around since the early 1930s and have maintained a loyal following over the years. Retro pinball machines, in particular, have become increasingly popular among collectors and enthusiasts.
The rise of several YouTube channels and conferences around the world, not to mention TV shows has really sparked interest in this niche. Ad revenue would be great to target but also product sales. There are all sorts or retro products to sell like T-Shirts, Video Games, Pinball machines, and even spare parts.
The one thing I should point out is that RPMs for gaming is very low, but traffic numbers can be high. Combining ads, product sales which could include print-on-demand and affiliate commissions, make this niche tempting to many.
What I would do:
- Redesign the site and include a strong blog section.
- Start to cover topics like the history of pinball, manufacturers, parts, comparisons and reviews.
- Add a print on demand shop for T-Shirts, mugs and birthday gifts for Pinball enthusiasts.
- Start connecting in the community. One thing is for sure there is a loyal and growing following in this niche
- Attend conferences and start out-reaching.
If you’re following me on YouTube, you’ll know I am really into my travel niches these past two years.
There are a number of reasons why I still love this niche.
1) The topics are very broad and you can cover anything from hotels to airports.
2) The RPMs for ads, affiliate commissions and products can be really good. I’m seeing between $38-$50 on one of my travel sites
3) It’s still possible to rank for some large search volume keywords as people and Google are looking for original experiences.
If you live in a popular part of the world, your expertise and local knowledge can outrank bigger sites.
Affiliate programs like Get Your Guide and Booking dot com along with travel insurance and car rental make it a very profitable niche to start.
- I would test several topics like hotels, insurance, destinations, activities and see what sticks. i.e., What does google like and rank/index fast on this domain?
- Once you figure that out you can start to form a keyword hitlist or cluster
- Apply for several affiliate programs once you have some traffic. Some are difficult to get into like AirBNB but some are easy like Booking.com
- Review travel essentials and make YouTube videos to back up written blogs.
- Start from day one by building your email list. Create some free giveaways or downloadable like cheat sheets, tourist maps etc.
Expert Advice: The Key to Kickstarting Your Journey to Success
Having the guidance of an expert who can provide insightful perspectives, ideas, experiences, and knowledge can be invaluable as you set out on your path. With determination and inspiration, you can expect to witness progress sooner than you might think.
If you’re interested in our blueprints but don’t find any of the listed domains suitable, head over to the Odys Marketplace to discover our complete inventory.