A good aged domain matched with a proper plan and vision for its development is slated for success. People build entire brands on Odys domains and no wonder – the naming and stats serve the potential well.
Check out the 4 domains selected by Mushfiq Sarker of The Website Flip along with his growth blueprints on them. You can’t go wrong by following advice of a person that’s built his career on building and flipping websites!
This is the first domain/website I’ve covered in the gambling niche. It’s not a niche I’ve ever entered due to sheer competition and lack of interest. However, without a doubt, it’s one of the MOST lucrative niches on the web.
This aged domain caught my attention as it’s well-aged, well-branded, and has quality backlinks. This is what I would do:
- Recreate the homepage as a collection of categories with explanatory text and a selection of articles under each category. Similar to how The Website Flip homepage is structured
- Add informative articles on all aspects of poker with strategies, game rules, etc.
- Develop an e-book and/or course in the space (or become an affiliate for one)
- Build a newsletter using a plugin like Newsletter Glue (this is what I use)
Note that this is a highly-competitive niche yet lucrative. You can promote online poker services as an affiliate. You can also promote training programs, books, etc. on the topic of improving one’s poker game. Building an email list in this space would also be worth it.
Most anyone can build a niche site that gets traffic if they stick with it long enough. However, building a high-revenue business that is targeting high-ticket affiliate programs is the dream. This specific aged domain can be repurposed to target the investment/”gold” niche.
This is what I would do to repurpose this domain:
- Recreate the main pages related to the Empire Mine Park Association, e.g., the about page, homepage, events, and activities.
- Add a new category related to gold investments
- Cover topics like gold investments, benefits, best brokers, best platforms, etc.
Monetization in this niche can naturally be done via affiliate programs. Some affiliate programs pay per lead, ranging from $15 to $30, and some others pay lifetime commissions ranging from 0.1% to 0.5% of the total purchase.
This domain was used as an authority resource for everything guitar-related. With over 50 million guitar players in the world, the guitar market is enormous and can be approached through many different means – both in terms of content and monetization. It can be revamped into a review site focused on guitars, guitar equipment, and accessories, including strings, pedals, amps, and so on. This is what I would do:
- To match topical relevancy, recreate the homepage including sections such as Musicians, News, Practice, History, and Sheet Music.
- Add informational content to each category section listed above.
- After 30-50 articles are posted and indexed, start adding commercial buying guides and review articles.
This domain can be monetized via display ads or affiliate programs such as those provided by The Guitar Center, Thalia Capos, Guitar Tricks. Also you can sell digital products such as e-books and courses dedicated to guitar players.
There has been an increase in the sustainability niche and it will continue to do so in the coming decade. Plastic-free solutions are becoming more and more prevalent among companies and households, which also raises the need for eco-friendly education. The domain would be ideal for an authority website that provides valuable information about all the possible eco-friendly solutions. This is what I would do:
- Recreate the homepage, About Us page, and solution pages to match the topic of the original site (i.e. cleaning up plastic from the ocean).
- Add informational content, such as “does XYZ cause pollution” or variations thereof. This type of content is well-tuned to match the original topic of the site.
- Add content related to eco-friendly keywords both informational and commercial (e.g., Best Eco-Friendly Options for X)
Monetization can be done easily via display ads on Ezoic, Mediavine, or AdThrive. Furthermore, I would consider affiliate programs offered by Amazon Associates, Shareasale, and Commission Junction.
Think, Build, and Profit
If you’re subscribed to or follow some of the affiliate marketing and SEO pros, including Mushfiq, you definitely noticed that even the smallest fish can grow into a great white shark, success wise. Precision is an inherent part of any successful online business along with vision and commitment, and The Website Flip is yet another evidence to this. Even if the blueprints provided above don’t hit the mark for you, take notice of how precise and detailed Mushfiq’s approach is.
Browse our domain inventory on the Odys Marketplace to find a domain that meets your needs.